This is an elearning free session that lasts one hour. No need to step out of your office to attend!
The class includes a presentation as well as a 10-minute long Q&A session.
Introduction to descriptive statistics - 1 hour
Data analysis tools can be grouped into several categories, each category aiming at answering a certain type of questions associated to a certain type of data. Descriptive statistics allow to summarize information contained in datasets using simple numbers such as the mean or the standard deviation; and charts such as box plots and scatter plots. This Webinar presents descriptive statistical features with applications using the XLSTAT statistical software.
- A few definitions: descriptive statistics, variable, individual
- Describing one qualitative variable: mode, flat sorting, pie charts
- Describing the link between two qualitative variables: cross tabulation (contingency table)
- Describing one quantitative variable: mean, standard deviation, median, quartiles, box plots
- Describing the link between one quantitative variable & one qualitative variable: multiple box plots
- Describing the link between two quantitative variables: scatter plot
- 1 quantitative var. x 1 quantitative var. x 1 qualitative var.: scatter plot with colored points