Frequently Asked Questions
Get answers to the most frequently asked questions about XLSTAT
- Can I try XLSTAT for free?
How long is the trial period for and can I extend it?
The trial version is valid for 14 days and starts when you enter the license key in XLSTAT. Trial periods cannot be renewed or extended. Download our trial version .
What features are included in the XLSTAT trial version?
Our trial version encompasses all XLSTAT solutions and options, or more than 240 features. Download our trial version and start using XLSTAT.
Will my credit card be charged once the trial is over?
No, when you register to download our trial version, we will not ask you for any credit card details and will therefore not charge you once your trial version expires.
If you wish to continue using XLSTAT once your trial has ended, you will need to order a license key .
If you do not want to use our software anymore, just uninstall it. Please note that once the trial period is over, you will automatically switch to our free version which includes a limited number of basic features and will continue running indefinitely.
Does XLSTAT offer student rates?
Yes, special rates are available for all full-time students. Discover our offers. In order to validate your order and issue you your license key, you will need to send us proof of your student status: an official document (e.g. a student ID, college transcript or admision letter) with your name and a date on it.
Are special rates available for faculty members and researchers?
Yes, we offer all faculty members and researchers affiliated with an academic or research institution, preferential rates. Discover our offers. A proof of your academic affiliation may be requested.
I was asked to upload or send a proof of student status. What type of documention is required?
Please upload or send us any official document that clearly shows you are currently enrolled as a full-time student. We will accept student IDs, college transcripts, class schedules, tuition payments, admision letters, etc. All documents provided must list your first and last name and be dated.
I purchased a student license but haven't received my license key yet?
Your license key will be sent to you once we've received your proof of your student status. If you've already submitted it, please check your spam folder for an email from us. Please note that student licenses are issued from Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm CEST. Please contact our sales department if you need assistante.
How can I get a quote for an XLSTAT solution?
You can generate a personalized quote on our website's order page. To do so, simply click on the order tab, select the solution of your choice and click on the order button. Then enter the quantity you would like to order, the options you would like and fill in your billing details (please note that at this stage of the process you will not be required to enter a credit card number).
Once these steps completed, just click on the "get a quote" button at the bottom of the page. This will generate your quote in PDF format which you can either dowload or send to your email. Please contact our sales team department if you need assistante.
- How to order XLSTAT License?
Can I order an XLSTAT licence for someone else?
Yes, you can order a license even if you are not the intended user. When ordering on our website, simply uncheck the Recipient or Licensee is the same as the Purchaser checkbox located below the billing details field. Then fill in the end user information (shipping address) and proceed to validate your order.
How can I pay for my license?
Payment can be made by credit card for orders placed directly online. Quotes can be paid by wire transfer using the bank details that appear on your quotation.
How are late payments handled?
If you are late with your payment, you will receive up to three successive reminder emails before our accounting department contacts you. Once these steps taken and if we still do not receive payment for your order, we will have no other choice than to suspend your license and send your account to a collection agency.
Once I've made the payment, how soon will I receive my XLSTAT license key?
All orders paid by credit card are delivered within a maximum time frame of 24 hours. Orders paid by wire transferr will be delivered once payment is received (usually within 2-3 days). If you not receive your key within the above timespan, please contact our sales team.
Will I receive an invoice for my purchase?Once your order placed, an invoice will automatically be isssued and sent to your email.
- Can I purchase Latent Class and/or 3D Plot as standalone products?
Are XLSTAT licenses per user?
All standard annual licenses whether intended for students, academics or companies are single-user licenses. In other words, each license is issued to a given user and computer.
We also offer other types of company and academic licenses (network, multi-user, classroom and campus).. If you are interested in these alternate licensing options, please contact our sales department for a quote.
Do you offer concurrent/network licenses?
Yes, concurrent/network licenses are available starting from 5 users onwards. Contact our sales department to get a quote.
What different XLSTAT Campus licenses do you offer?
We offer 3 different types of Campus licenses:
- Classroom licenses for up to 60 workstations which require one installation per workstation.
- Small Campus licenses for up to 500 workstations which can be installed either on each workstation or on a network.
- Large Campus licenses designed for an unlimited number of users and that can be installed on either individual workstations or in a network environment.
What Campus license options are network compatible?
Only Small and Large Campus licenses can be installed on a network. Classroom licenses must be installed individually.
- Can I change solutions if the one I ordered does not meet my needs?
- How can I renew my XLSTAT license?
What is automatic renewal?
Automatic renewals are applied for 3 consecutive years to all orders placed online. This means your license will renew automatically for the first 3 years and your credit card charged accordingly. You will receive an email notification from us before your license is set to expire asking you to confirm or decline the automatic renewal of your license. If you do not answer, your license will be renewed within a period of 3 days after its expiration.
The automatic renewal is only available for company/private and academic licenses. If you are a student and wish to renew your license, please visit our website.
How can I cancel my automatic renewal ?
If you do not want the automatic renewal option to apply to your license, please contact our sales team to opt-out of the program. We will then cancel your auto-renewal and your credit card will not be charged other than for the initial amount of your purchase.
How can I renew my maintenance and support contract (for perpetual licenses only)?
Because perpetual licenses have been discontinued since August 2019, we no longer offer maintenance or updates for these licenses. If you own a perpetual license, please contact our sales team so that we can offer you a licensing alternative.
When will my XLSTAT licence expire?
To find out when your license will expire, please log in to your MyXLSTAT account. You can also view your license's expiration date by going to the XLSTAT menu and selecting "About XLSTAT" where the properties of your license will appear.
What is the difference between XLSTAT and XLSTAT 365?
XLSTAT is a desktop version that includes over 240 features available for Windows and Mac users. You will need to have a license key to access our software.
XLSTAT-365 is a cloud-based application which includes a dozen features. It is compatible with Office Online Excel 2016 and Office on Ipad. No license key is required to use XLSTAT-365. Simply register to use the application and you'll be all set to go.
- Is XLSTAT compatible with Mac?
What languages is XLSTAT available in?
XLSTAT is available in 7 languages (English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese and Japanese).
What are the main differences between Basic and Basic +?
PREPARING DATA :
MODELING DATA :
- Log-linear regression (Poisson regression)
- Quantile regression
- Nonparametric regression (Kernel and Lowess)
- Partial Least Squares regression (PLS)
- Principal Component Regression (PCR)
- PLS discriminant analysis
- Repeated measures Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
- Mixed models
- two-stage least squares regression
How can I download the latest XLSTAT version?
You can dowload the latest version you're entitled to by vising your MyXLSTAT account.
I can't seem find a feature in the solution I purchased?
If you cannot locate a particuliar feature in your copy of XLSTAT, chances are:
- The feature you are looking for is not included in the solution you purchased. If this is the case, you can request to change your solution, by contacting our sales team. If you are not sure which solution you need, visit our compare features by solution page of our website.
- Your licence key may not have been properly activated and you are therefore by default only using our free version limited to 13 features. Learn how to activate your licence key.
I have been using XLSTAT for some time now and have lost access to several features?
You may have switched to our limited free version. This can be because:
- You may be using a version of the software that is only compatible with our previous licencing system (if the software version you are using was downloaded before August 2019). If this is the case, simply download the latest version of XLSTAT and enter your licence if prompted.
- Your licence key has expired. You can check your licence expiration date on your invoice or in your MyXLSTAT account. Find out how to access MyXLSTAT or renew your licence key to keep on using XLSTAT.
Why can't I login to MyXLSTAT account?
If it's your first time trying to login, make sure you enter the same email address you used when you placed your oder, followed by the registration code that was sent to you with along with your licence key. Access the MyXLSTAT account creation form.
If the problem persists, please contact our support team.
I can't reset my MyXLSTAT Account password?
Please check your spam box as the email to reset your password may have ended there accidentally.
If you do not have access to your junk email, please contact our support team.
How can I check on which computers my licence has already been activated on?
This information can be found in your MyXSLTAT account where you will also be able to remotely deactivate any license.
- I am trying to activate my licence key but cannot find the 'Activate my key' button?
- Why has my license stopped working although I purchased it less than a year ago?
- I had to change computers and am no longer able to activate my license on my new computer. How can I free it up for a new installation?
I have reached the maximum allowed number of activations on my license. What should I do?
If you've reached your maximum allowed number of activations, several options are available to you:
- Deactivate your license on any of the computers it is already installed on. Then proceed to download the lastest version of XLSTAT on your new workstation and enter your license key. If you no longer have access to the computer on which you would like to remove your license, you may deactivate it remotely by logging onto your MyXLSTAT account or by contacting our support team.
- If you do not want to deactivate your license on any of the computers it is installed on, please contact our sales team to request a quote for an additional activation.