This is an elearning free session that lasts one hour. No need to step out of your office to attend!
It includes a 45-min presentation as well as a 10-minute Q&A session.
Introduction to statistical modeling - 1 hour
Statistical tools can be grouped into several categories, each category aiming at answering a certain type of questions associated to a certain type of data. Statistical modeling allows to investigate how variables change according to other variables, and to make predictions. This webinar quickly presents the principles of statistical modeling, with demos using the XLSTAT data analysis software.
- What is statistical modeling?
- Definitions: dependent and independent variables
- Example : Linear regression
- XLSTAT demo: Linear regression
- Interpreting the outputs: coefficients, p-values, R², etc.
- Which modeling method to choose?