In this case, practical examples are processed with XLSTAT, which enable the participants to understand the background. The course expressly does not understand itself as a mathematically oriented course, which teaches the participants formula knowledge. Rather, it gives an overview of the different possibilities, application contexts and risks.
Analyzing Life Science data using XLSTAT, STATCON 3-day training
This training covers statistical methods used in life sciences including charts, tests, survival analysis and Dose-Response models. The Course will work along practical examples using XLSTAT, so that trainees are able to understand the basic principles of the statistical procedures. This course expressly is not theoretical nor mathematical, so we will not focus on formulae but on ideas, areas of application and risks involved the procedures.
- Basic Statistics - descriptive statistics using XLSTAT
- Statistical charts - what is a good chart? barcharts, error bars, Dose-Response Curves using XLSTAT
- Setup and test of statistical hypotheses in XLSTAT : simple t-Test - ANOVA (Analysis of variance) Repeated Measures - Non-parametric tests (e.g. Mann-Whiteny-U, Kruskal- Wallis, Wilcoxon and Friedman-Tests)
- Linear and nonlinear Regression including Dose-Response Curves - data transformation and residual analysis (checking assumptions: homogeneity of variances, normality and Lack-of-Fit - proper setup of experiments, DoE
- Survival analysis in XLSTAT - Kaplan-Meier analysis, Cox and Parametric Survival models