Trainings & Webinars
Addinsoft organizes public (inter-company) and private (intra-company) sessions for all levels. You can register to one of our scheduled courses or contact us for a customized training course. All of our courses are available in virtual classrooms.
Statistics & Multivariate analysis with XLSTAT, Virtual class: October 5-7 2022 (French)
Attend this course directly over the internet without having to travel. You will learn the basics of descriptive statistics, multivariate data analysis (PCA, CA, AHC), statistical modeling (ANOVA, regression), statistical tests (parametric and nonparametric) as well as machine learning techniques. All of those essential features will be illustrated using the XLSTAT Basic+ solution.
Introduction to statistics and multivariate analysis with XLSTAT-Basic+
This course covers the most commonly used data analysis methods in a wide variety of fields, including research, biostatistics, marketing, sensometrics, finance and industry. The methods are illustrated with numerous examples and implemented in XLSTAT Basic+, with an in-depth interpretation of the results. Participants will have time to practice on real data provided by the instructor. At the end of the course, participants should be able to quickly find and implement appropriate statistical methods to answer their own data-related questions using XLSTAT Basic+.
Main topics covered in this training:
- Descriptive statistics
- Exploratory statistics
- Statistical tests
- Statistical modeling
- Machine learning
Trainees must have:
- Basic experience using Microsoft Excel
- A few definitions: individuals, variables, sample, population
- Preparation of a dataset for analysis
Univariate, and bivariate descriptive statistics
- Quantitative variables: mean, standard deviation, variance, median, quartiles, histograms, box plots, scatter plots
- Categorical variables: flat sort, mode, bar chart, cross sort
Multivariate exploratory statistics
- Reducing dimensionality: Principal Component Analysis, Correspondence Analysis
- Classify data: Hierarchical Ascending Classification, k-means
- Nul hypothesis, p-value and risk of error
- Parametric vs. non-parametric tests
- Tests of comparison and tests of association
- Linear regression
- One-way ANOVA and multiple comparisons
- Multi-factor ANOVA
- Introduction to supervised and unsupervised Machine Learning
Senior statistics consultant
Jean-Paul Maalouf is a senior statistics consultant who joined the Addinsoft team in 2014. He holds a PhD in biology and has extensive experience in teaching statistics, which he has been doing intensively since 2012. He has taught at the largest French research institutions (INRA, CNRS, INSERM, CIRAD, several universities), as well as at private companies around the world. His teaching methods are based on a conceptual approach and are more focused on concrete examples than on the explanation of complex mathematical formulas. The concepts are thus easily grasped by people who do not necessarily have a background in mathematics but wish to become quickly operational in the field of data analysis.