Trainings & Webinars
Addinsoft organizes public (inter-company) and private (intra-company) sessions for all levels. You can register to one of our scheduled courses or contact us for a customized training course. All of our courses are available in virtual classrooms.
Statistics & Multivariate Analysis with XLSTAT-Base, Portland (OR) 19-21 Feb. 2019
Subscribe to this statistics training course illustrated with XLSTAT-Base that will be held at the Food Innovation Center in Portland (OR.). You will learn the basics of descriptive statistics, multivariate data analysis (PCA, CA, AHC), statistical modeling (ANOVA, regression), statistical tests (parametric and nonparametric) as well as machine learning techniques. All of those essential features will be illustrated using the XLSTAT-Base solution.
This session is over
Statistics & Multivariate Analysis with XLSTAT Basic+, 3-day training
This training goes through most commonly used data analysis methods in a wide variety of fields including research, biostatistics, marketing, sensometrics, finance and industry. The course proposes conceptual and intuitive approaches to descriptive statistics, multivariate data analysis, tests, modeling as well as machine learning. Methods are illustrated with many examples and implementations in XLSTAT Basic+, including a thorough interpretation of results. Participants are also given time to practice on real data provided by the trainer. At the end of the training, participants are able to quickly find and implement appropriate statistical methods to answer their own data-related questions, using XLSTAT Basic+.
Basic experience in using Microsoft Excel
- A couple of definitions: individuals, variables, sample, population
- Making your dataset ready for analysis
- Quantitative variables: mean, standard deviation, variance, median, quartiles, Histograms, box plots, scatter plots
- Qualitative variables: frequencies, mode, bar chart, cross tab
Exploring large data sets:
- Reducing dimensionality: principal component analysis, correspondence analysis
- Segmenting data: agglomerative hierarchical clustering, k-means
- Defining the null hypothesis, the p-value and error risks
- Parametric tests assumptions
- Parametric tests vs nonparametric tests
- One-tailed tests vs two-tailed tests
- Linear regression
- One-way ANOVA and multiple comparisons
- Multi-way ANOVA and interaction effects
- Supervised vs unsupervised learning
- Introduction to some supervised machine learning techniques
Senior statistics consultant
Jean-Paul Maalouf is a senior statistics consultant who joined the Addinsoft team in 2014. He holds a PhD in biology and has extensive experience in teaching statistics, which he has been doing intensively since 2012. He has taught at the largest French research institutions (INRA, CNRS, INSERM, CIRAD, several universities), as well as at private companies around the world. His teaching methods are based on a conceptual approach and are more focused on concrete examples than on the explanation of complex mathematical formulas. The concepts are thus easily grasped by people who do not necessarily have a background in mathematics but wish to become quickly operational in the field of data analysis.
The quality certification has been delivered for the following category of action: