Addinsoft announces the availability of XLSTAT 2006, a true revolution in the small world of statistical add-ins for Excel. XLSTAT 2006 has been completely thought and written using new programming languages to make XLSTAT 2006 faster, even more reliable, easier to use, and open.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of what's new in XLSTAT 2006:
General software improvments
- new dialog boxes: tabs allow to manage options for the computations and for the display of results.
- two new languages, portuguese and japanese.
- computations are now done in C++ allowing a significant increase in speed.
- possibility in many functions to use transposed tables to circumvent the limitation of Excel to 256 columns.
- possibility to use XLSTAT functions programmatically in VBA.
- possibility to access the XLSTAT C++ functions programmatically from any environment.
- more detailed help file.
- only one software needs to be downloaded (the unique exe file includes all the modules).
- Preparing data:
- Distribution sampling: new distributions
- Describing data:
- histograms: several histograms can be superimposed, and theoretical distributions can be plotted over the histograms.
- new tool: multicolinearity statistics (Tolerances, VIFs).
- new options in similarity/dissimilarity matrices.
- Visualizing data:
- more options for box plots.
- new function to automatically modify a chart so that it is orthonormal (aspect ratio = 1).
- new tool to merge two charts (for example, two curves available in 2 different charts).
- more options for Easylabels.
- new tool to modify the labels position.
- Analyzing data:
- Factor analysis: polychoric correlations, better charts, new rotation options, maximum likelihood option.
- PCA: polychoric correlations, better charts, new rotation options. New biplots.
- CA/ MCA: new methods for subset analysis. Non symetrical correspondence analysis.
- Discriminant analysis: better handling of multicolinearity cases, possiblity to include qualitative variables, stepwise options, cross-validation
- Hierarchical clustering: dendrograms can now ne modified, groups can be shown with different colors.
- K-Means : new clustering criteria.
- Modeling data:
- Distribution fitting: new distributions.
- Linear regression: better handling of multicolinearity cases, improved stepwise options.
- ANOVA/ANCOVA: simpler interface for the multiple comparisons tests and better management of interactions.
- Logistic regression: better handling of multicolinearity cases, PCR option, stepwise options, and multiple comparisons are possible when categorical variables have been selected.
- Association tests:
- Correlation maps can now be displayed after correlation tests.
- New association measures have been added.
- Mantel test has been improved.
- Parametric tests:
- possibility to run tests on several variables in one run.
- easier management of alternative hypotheses.
- Nonparametric tests:
- exact tests are now possible for most methods.
- easier to use DataFlagger.
- tool to remove hidden sheets with possibility to select only some of them.
- tool to find the min and/or the max in a sheet.
- New interface with many new options
- PREFMAP: simplified interface, possibility to add contour plots
- GPA: permutation tests, new options to display results
- Possibility to use dates to display the results, and confidence intervals in ARIMA can be used on long time series.
- Comparison tests after Kaplan-Meier analyses and life table analyses can now be applied to more than two groups.
- simplified interface, quicker computations.
This webinar presents the principles of Supervised Machine Learning & Prediction, with demos using the XLSTAT data analysis software. May 5, 2020 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM CEST
This webinar is an intuitive introduction to ANOVA and various associated options: conditions of validity, interactions, multiple comparisons... It will be illustrated with real examples using the XLSTAT software. Apr 28, 2020 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM CEST
This webinar presents the principles of statistical testing, with demos using the XLSTAT data analysis software. Apr 21, 2020 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM CEST