This is an elearning free session that lasts one hour. No need to step out of your office to attend!
The class includes a presentation as well as a 10 minutes long Q&A session.
Introduction to exploratory statistics - 1 hour
Data analysis tools can be grouped into several categories, each category aiming at answering a certain type of questions associated to a certain type of data. Exploratory statistics allow to summarize information contained in datasets of various volumes using dimension-reduction and segmentation features. This Webinar presents popular exploratory statistical features with applications using the XLSTAT statistical software.
Basic knowledge in descriptive statistics (mean, median, scatter plots...)
- A few definitions: exploratory statistics, data mining, variable, individual
- Reminder: describing two quantitative variables using a scatter plot
- Expanding description on multivariate data: exploration and segmentation
- Reducing dimensions with Principal Component Analysis (PCA)
- Data segmentation with Agglomerative Hierarchical Clustering (AHC)